At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do:
This internship is designed to provide you with a positive work/training experience and challenging objectives. Specific identified internship responsibilities are outlined below. The 12 week role is based in Lubbock, TX at the Johnson Controls sprinkler manufacturing facility.
How you will do it:
- Identify safety improvement opportunities
- Interact with all employees to understand plant focus and any barriers to safety
- Assist in the development of LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) Procedures
- Assist in the development and completion of Risk Assessments
- Auditing processes to ensure conformance with various standards
- Review current safety processes to ensure safety KPI's (key performance indicators) are being met
- Provide counsel and assistance for correcting environmental or safety concerns
- Implement improvement projects with financial accountability and on-time performance
- Assure adherence to good housekeeping and safety practices with respect to all work performed
- Present findings to local and regional management
- Perform any other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Environmental, Industrial or Chemical Engineering disciplines
- Currently a junior or senior status
- Minimum 2.0 GPA (on four point scale)
- High level of integrity
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
Technical Required Experience:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Project management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.